"Spearman (Level 1-2): Spears were hunter/gatherer weapons that came early to the battlefield. They're basic but effective against most troops."
"Pikeman (Level 3-5): As mounted heavily armored troops came into more common use spears grew longer and became pikes designed to help dismount enemy cavalry."
"Halberdier (Level 6-9): Halberds were large battle axe like weapons. They had thrusting points, cutting blades and a hook that could be used to dismount enemy knights."
- Spearmen are basic melee soldiers, unlocked from the Level 1 Barracks.
- Spearmen are also known as Pikemen or Halberdiers depending on the upgrade level.
- Spearmen have a damage bonus against cavalry. Deploy spearmen to protect vulnerable troops such as archers and siege weapons from mounted troops.
- Bonus against cavalry.
- Slow Speed
- Drop them right on top advancing Mamluks!
- Drop them in a corner to draw out cavalry, while Belisarius tunnels under a wall (works with other troops).
- Place in front of other advancing troops to mediate cavalry on your main attack.
- Station in spots you want to defend from cavalry.
|Level||Health||Attack||DPS||Training Cost||Training Time||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Barracks Level Required|