"Spearman: Spears were hunter/gatherer weapons that came early to the battlefield. They're basic but effective against most troops."
"Pikeman: As mounted heavily armored troops came into more common use spears grew longer and became pikes designed to help dismount enemy cavalry."
"Halberdier: Halberds were large battle axe like weapons. They had thrusting points, cutting blades and a hook that could be used to dismount enemy knights."
- Spearmen have a damage bonus against cavalry. Deploy spearmen to protect vulnerable troops such as archers and siege weapons from mounted troops.
- Pikemen are basic melee soldiers, unlocked from the Level 1 Barracks.
- Pikemen are also known as Spearmen or Halberdiers depending on the upgrade level.
- Bonus against cavalry.
- Slow Speed
- Drop them right on top advancing Mamluks!
- Drop them in a corner to draw out cavalry, while Belisarius tunnels under a wall (works with other troops)
- Station in spots you want to defend from cavalry.
|Level||Health||Attack||DPS||Training Costs||Training Time||
|Upgrade Time||Required Barracks|
|1 Spearman||298||12||10 food||30 sec||Free||Instantaneously||1|
|2 Spearman||380||15||20 food||40 sec||1,250 food||1 hour||2|
|3 Pikeman||505||19||30 food||50 sec||2,750 food||3 hours||3|
|4 Pikeman||657||24||35 food||60 sec||8,000 food||10 hours||4|
|5 Pikeman||788||28||50 food||70 sec||100,000 food||2 days||6|
|6 Halberdier||946||31||31||60 food||75 sec||400,000 food||3 days 12 hours||7|
|7 Halberdier||1,135||36||36||70 food||80 sec||700,000 food||3 days 12 hours||8|