"Longbowmen have the longest range of any troop. They do area-of-effect damage to their targets, making them excellent against bunched units. Protect longbowmen with heavy infantry or other units."
- The 6-foot longbow favored by the English in the 100 Years' War was similar but superior to most other bows of the period.
- It has the longest range of any soldier.
- Splash damage.
- Slow moving.
- Fires a steady rain of arrows
- Catapult Emplacement, Trebuchet Emplacement and Ballista Towers are the weaknesses of the Longbowman.
- Very deadly troops if used correctly. Use longbows to pick on buildings outside of the range of towers. Longbows are also ideal for protecting Trebuchets and siege weapons.
- Extremely high damage if used as a bunched unit, benefit graciously from cover.
- Longbowmen are best used in defense by walling them in. This is where their range excels and also does not allow them to wander out into the field to be met by cavalry.
- Longbowmen do reduced damage against walls (Patch 1.3)
|Level||Health||Attack||DPS||Training Cost||Training Time||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Cultural Barracks Level Required|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.