Template:Unit Infobox Infantry are basic melee soldiers, unlocked from the Level 1 Barracks. Like all Barracks units they take up 1 army camp space. The preferred target of Infantry are Towers and Siege Weapons. Infantry also take reduced damage from towers.
Infanty are also known as Heavy Infantry at levels 3-5 or Champion at levels 6-7 depending on the upgrade level
- Reduced Damage from towers
- The unsung heroes of Castle Siege. Infantry are best used to distract Archer Towers, Emplacements and Ballista Towers. Run them back and forth to draw fire away from other troops and siege weapons. Best deployed with units like Crossbowmen, as they will swallow the blows.
- Another way is to have them attack the tower,and then units can destroy it. It will deal damage to the tower while also protecting troops. It is good to have hermann von salza with them as well.
- Infantry are not best used in defense as there are better choices, however their speed and quick training time from a Guard House can make them useful to constantly pressure the attacker.
- Like the Archer, the Infantry can be stationed on a wall segment once the proper age is reached
|Upgrade Time||Required Barracks|
|1 Infantry||380||10||10||10 food||30 sec||Free||Instantaneously||1|
|2 Infantry||494||12||12||20 food||40 sec||750 food||1 hour||2|
|3 Heavy Infantry||642||15||30 food||60 sec||8,000 food||10 hours||4|
|4 Heavy Infantry||835||18||40 food||65 sec||20,000 food||1d||5|
|5 Heavy Infantry||1,086||22||50 food||70 sec||75,000 food||2 days||6|
|6 Champion||1,303||26||60 food||75 sec||350,000 food||3 days 12 hours||7|
|7 Champion||1,565||30||70 food||80 sec||750,000 food||5d||8|