"A caltrop is composed of four spikes arranged so that when it is tossed on the ground, one spike is always pointing up to slow an advance."
- Caltrops are small metal spikes placed on the ground and hidden from enemy view. Troops crossing an area filled with caltrops suffer damage and are slowed down. Use caltrops to slow the enemy advance.
- Hidden trap that damages and slows down soldiers that come near it during it's duration.
- Avoid them!
- Keep siege units away from them
- Close to the keep to slow down the rush
- Outside the castle to slow attackers down and keep them under fire
- Duration of caltrops increased from 10s to 60s (Patch 1.11)
|Level||Attack||DPS||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Age Required|
|Economy||Farm • Silo • Mill • Lumberyard • Quarry • Storehouse • Cathedral • Road|
|Fortification||Archer Tower • Crossbow Tower • Ballista Tower • Flame Tower • Musket Tower • Catapult Emplacement • Trebuchet Emplacement • Watch Signal • Guard House • Patrol Point • Caltrops • Engineer Trap • Fire Trap • Wall|
|Military||Army Camp • Barracks • Cultural Barracks • Stable • Hall of Heroes • Embassy • Archery Range • Siege Workshop • University|
|Other Buildings||Keep • Honor|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.