"Ballista Tower (Level 1-3): Light artillery saw use primarily in siege attacks against enemy troops and fortifications but could also be deployed in a set defensive position."
"Cannon Tower (Level 4-7): These early gunpowder weapons appeared in the west in the fourteenth century and proved instrumental in the Ottoman defeat of Constantinople in 1453."
- Ballista towers (Cannon Tower starting at level 4) fire a huge spear-like projectile that does overwhelming damage to siege weapons. Although it takes a while to reload and cannot shoot units next to it, the ballista tower deals out massive damage with each shot.
- Great against siege weapons
- Cannot attack units in close proximity. Try grouping with Crossbow Towers.
- Slow firing speed, which allows fast units, such as Cavalry, to get up close.
- Can pierce enemies in a line, making it very effective against bunched units.
- As ballista/cannon towers can only target one unit at a time, you can use Infantry to draw their fire while other units take down the tower.
- While the ballista/cannon is distracted, the following units are good for attacking it.
- Placing ballista towers near areas of wall that are vulnerable to siege weapons is a great way to utilize their power.
|Economy||Farm • Silo • Mill • Lumberyard • Quarry • Storehouse • Cathedral • Road|
|Fortification||Archer Tower • Crossbow Tower • Ballista Tower • Flame Tower • Musket Tower • Catapult Emplacement • Trebuchet Emplacement • Watch Signal • Guard House • Patrol Point • Caltrops • Engineer Trap • Fire Trap • Wall|
|Military||Army Camp • Barracks • Cultural Barracks • Stable • Hall of Heroes • Embassy • Archery Range • Siege Workshop • University|
|Other Buildings||Keep • Honor|