"Among the earliest fortified structures, towers provided archers with a wide view of the surrounding countryside."
- Archer towers are your castle's most fundamental defense. These towers have good range and do moderate damage, and can be upgraded significantly through the ages. Well-placed archer towers can protect a wide area.
- The Archer Tower is the basic line of defense for your castle. It shoots a steady stream of arrows at a medium range. It's damage is not substantial but its rapid attacks make up for it.
- Medium range
- Significant upgrades over ages
- Crossbowmen and Grenadiers are its weaknesses
- Putting a group of crossbowmen or grenadiers behind some infantry is a good way to take down a archer tower.
- It usually takes about 3 to 4 shots from a trebuchet to destroy an archer tower, so make sure you have some cover from other units or the trebuchet wont make it.
- Placing properly will cover wide area and protect short-range towers.
- Because of their medium range and the ability to hit units close to it, archer towers are good to place around the edges of your fortress.
|Economy||Farm • Silo • Mill • Lumberyard • Quarry • Storehouse • Cathedral • Road|
|Fortification||Archer Tower • Crossbow Tower • Ballista Tower • Flame Tower • Musket Tower • Catapult Emplacement • Trebuchet Emplacement • Watch Signal • Guard House • Patrol Point • Caltrops • Engineer Trap • Fire Trap • Wall|
|Military||Army Camp • Barracks • Cultural Barracks • Stable • Hall of Heroes • Embassy • Archery Range • Siege Workshop • University|
|Other Buildings||Keep • Honor|